Class & Policies
How long is each class?
All classes except for Swim For Fitness are 30 minutes long. Our industry experience shows that 30 minutes is about the longest you can expect a student to be challenged with new swim skills in the water.
How long are your sessions?
Our classes are scheduled on a month to month basis which allows classes to continue indefinitely until you wish to take a break. There are no sessions.
When can I sign up?
Any time. Fill out the online registration form. Then, call our office to schedule your first lesson.
Who will be in my child's class?
The fellow students in your child’s class have similar ability in the water and are in close age to your child.
What if I am going to be absent for a lesson?
- For the health and safety of all swimmers and staff, if your swimmer has any symptom of illness, we ask that you call or send a text message to 714.423.3849 and cancel the lesson and do not attend your swim lesson until symptoms have gone away.
- If there is a situation when your swimmer cannot make it to your lesson, we ask that you let us know at least 4 hours in advance to qualify for a make-up lesson.
Do you provide make up lessons?
We offer makeups to currently enrolled swimmers. Makeups are a courtesy, and we give one make up lesson per month per swimmer. These expire one year from the date of the missed lesson. You must be currently enrolled to take a make-up lesson. You schedule the make-up lesson the day you wish to take the lesson and these are available 7 days a week.
What if my class has only one or two students?
If a group class has only one or two students, as always, we do reserve the right to consolidate that class.
What do parent do during the swim lesson?
- Check in at the front door for attendance and turn in your family waiver form.
- Encourage your child to use the restroom before lessons.
- Walk your child out to the color designated teaching station at class time.
- During lessons, you can sit in a chair or bench near your child’s class. Please do not leave the facility during lessons. For safety, parents are asked to keep their eyes on their child at all times before, during and after the swim lesson.
How do I withdraw from my class?
Just give us a call and we will take care of your individual needs to withdraw from your classes.
How long is each class?
The rate your child will progress will vary from child to child, just like any other acquired skill. Some children may be more or less fearful, may be more or less athletically inclined, etc. Once a child starts lessons, you can usually get an idea of how fast they will progress, although some progressions tend to take longer than others. At The Aquatic Zone, we will always maintain group structure while still attending to your child individual needs.
Are private lessons better than group lessons?
Our group lessons have a low instructor/student ratio. Therefore, our group lessons are very effective. Swim activities are geared toward total group participation and children tend to learn from one another.
Private lessons will provide your child with more individualized attention and instruction. Some parents prefer private lessons and we often recommend them for example for children who have had negative past experiences in the pool or children who may have difficulty concentrating if others are present.
Swim more than once a week?
Consistent swim practice produces outstanding learning results. We encourage students to swim with us once or twice per week to enhance their learning experience at the pool. Once a week lessons provide the foundation for learning the skill of swimming that lasts a lifetime.
Fees & Schedule
What is the registration fee?
The registration fee helps with the cost of administrative expenses. Registration Fees are non-refundable.
How did you determine the swim fees?
Our prices are based on receiving an average of 4 lessons if you come 1 time per week and 8 lessons if you come 2 times per week. If there is a month that has more than that, we do not charge you. However, if that extra day happens to fall on a day we are closed, we do not give you credit back for that closure. Our fees are based on enrollment, not attendance.
What if I join in the middle of a month?
You will pay the pro-rated amount for the month in which you are starting as well as the amount due for the next full month by credit card or cash and then give us your choice of payment information. You will then go onto the automatic billing system.
Schedule of our classes?
Call or text us with days and times that will work best for you to swim on a consistent weekly basis. Our friendly staff will work with you to find a day and time that will meet your needs. Our goal is to make sure everyone who wants to learn to swim can. Your convenience is our priority.
What about holidays?
Our monthly swim lesson tuition is set on coming 1,2,or 3 times per week. If you come once per week, you will receive no less than 4 lessons, twice per week, no less than 8 lessons, and three times per week, no less than 12 lessons. If Aquatic Zone closes and you receive less than the above minimums, you will be pro-rated. If there is an extra day and we are open, you will not be charged.
How do I change my day or time?
You can change days or times when you find a convenient spot by calling our front desk.
Programs & Instructors
How do I make a teacher request?
Just ask us. We want our clients to be happy with The Aquatic Zone experience. Teachers may move days and times as their schedules change throughout the year. We will give you as much advanced notice as possible should this occur. We are well aware that different students respond to different teaching personalities. We will always try to respond to these needs. We will NEVER guarantee a teacher and we will always reserve the right to change teachers if other considerations require it.
What makes your program unique?
We offer the highest quality instruction available. Our students are encouraged to enjoy the water while steadily progressing in stroke technique development. Our instructors are highly qualified and enjoy teaching children. They remain calm and focused in every lesson.
Safety & Facilities
Is it safe to swim?
- Yes. The CDC issued guidance that it is safe to swim as the virus cannot be spread via properly chlorinated and maintained pool water.
- Here is a link to the CDC direction on swimming and pool water.
What can I expect to see different at The Aquatic Zone?
Teachers in the water with students will be wearing face shields. Our goal is to maintain our commitment to creating a safe and kind environment while also keeping your children and our valued teachers safe. Office counters will be equipped with protective acrylic barriers.
What is Aquatic Zone doing to keep the swim center clean?
- We have always followed CDC cleaning protocols and those set out by other health professionals and authorities. We also use CDC-recommended cleaning products.
- The facility will be wiped down throughout the day as swim families come and go, including high traffic areas and all door handles, tables, chairs, toilets, etc.
- Hand sanitizer will remain available at the entrance and exits as well as in our changing rooms and restrooms.
What steps does Aquatic Zone take to properly maintain their pools?
- The Aquatic Zone is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment that monitors pool chemicals electronically and, in addition, we perform scheduled and documented manual water tests throughout the day to maintain healthy and balanced pools.
- The Aquatic Zone pools are permitted by the Riverside County Health Department and are periodically inspected without notice by local authorities.
- Our dehumidifiers have features like antimicrobial filters and controls that enable us to maintain healthy humidity levels that reduce the survival of bacteria and viruses.
What kind of chlorination system do you have?
Our two pools are equipped with saltwater chlorinators. The saltwater chlorinators produce clear, purified water, free of viruses and bacteria without packaged chlorine or shock treatments. The saltwater pool is only one tenth as salty as seawater, and is one third as salty as saline solution. Salt chlorinated pools virtually eliminate skin and eye irritation and make the water feel better. We have found that this process creates softer feeling water that breaks down greasy residues from lotions and body oils. We know you will appreciate the extra added value of our state of the art technology. Your water experience and comfort is our concern.